Friday, August 14, 2009

S.O.S

That gentle giant was fearless. One day home alone I was walking out of my parents room and heard hissing coming from under their dresser. I got down on my hands and knees lade my head on the floor and looked to see what it was. It was a wild cat from the neighborhood. I was scared. It sounded really mean and you could tell it wasn't happy. there was no way I was going to be able to muster up the courage to get it out. I only had to think for a second before I knew who to call to come to my rescue! Levi. As soon as we hung up the phone he was out his door and sprinting across the creek to my aid. First we tried the broom. That only ticked it off more. Then we tried moving the dresser. It just moved with it. So then he got down on his hands and knees looked under the dresser located the cats position and with his bare hands reached in and grabbed the cat by whatever he could, i think it was it's back legs, and pulled it out! It was clawing the floor with all its little strength and hissing at him. A lesser man would have let go. not him he picked that furry, hissing, ball of claws up by the back of the neck and with a smile on his face walked over to the back door, opened it, and threw the cat outside! It's true cats do land on their feet, and as soon as that one did it was up the mountain and gone as fast as it's little legs could carry it.

forever grateful,
Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment